June 15, 2010 § Leave a comment
At home, I would rarely pay $7US for a movie ticket, but in Hong Kong, shelling out $50HK for a student ticket seems perfectly reasonable. Why does this happen? Kaiti & I spontaneously saw The A-Team today, which was a great idea except THE PERSON BEHIND ME KEPT KICKING MY SEAT. I was ready to bite his/her feet off in the middle of the film. Anyway, overall I enjoyed it greatly and had rather few remarks.
1. This is a much better film than Prince of Persia. It’s a higher quality of action/comedy, and though the CGI isn’t amazing, it at least didn’t look pathetic.
2.The plot is complicated enough to catch your attention, yet simple enough not to get in the way.
3. Very importantly, the romance is kept to a bare minimum, meaning the director only employs it for significantly necessary reasons. THANKS BE TO JOE CARNAHAN for this.
4. I didn’t think Bradley Cooper was that goodlooking in The Hangover, nor when he was featured in our magazine, but I sure like him after The A-Team [PECS!]. He and Patrick Wilson have such nice blue eyes. There are so many goodlooking men in this movie :D
7. The tough-black-man-afraid-of-flying theme was hilarious, but also a bit ridiculous. I mean…really? Really?
9. Pretty much the only complaint I have is from the beginning of the film: I never understood how Hannibal managed to fight off those angry dogs. WHY ISN’T THIS EXPLAINED???
10. Here are the Ghandi quotations, in case anyone is interested: