July 19, 2009 § Leave a comment
1. Tom Felton successfully portrays a gaunt, terrified and brooding malcontent. He looks really hot in that fitted black ensemble, although it’s a pity he has such bad skin.
2. I always imagined Ron Weasley to be a typical lanky dork, so it was quite a surprise that Rupert Grint got so big in this movie. His lovestruck scene is hilarious.
3. Daniel Radcliffe is not getting better-looking with age. This is very disappointing. It is partly due to the haircut and glasses as well as his diminutive stature — Ginny Weasley looks taller than Harry in some scenes. Awkward.
4. I had forgotten how much I love Alan Rickman.
5. Professor Slughorn appears to have an uncontrollable urge to keep one eyebrow raised at all times.
6. Lavender = hilarious. Luna = absolutely precious.
7. I did not want to watch the last 40 minutes of this movie because I knew what was going to happen. I did get a little emotional towards the end, but the actual ending was soo cheesy.
8. Despite the considerable length of this film, it still seems to lack substance. I’m not asking for a longer movie, nor do I expect for the filmmakers to cram all that information into the script, but I just think it felt kind of hollow. Perhaps I will reread the book to fill in the gaps.
9 I usually talk a lot during movies, but I didn’t at all during this one. I did not want to miss a thing, and it at least held my attention.
10. I cannot believe how many of my friends went to go see this movie without reading the book(s).
11. I cannot believe how many of my friends have not read the books.